Data Fusion Grid Infrastructure
Main organization: SRI NASU-NSAU
Project Manager: Kussul Natalya Nikolayevna
Current Foreign Collaborators: Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
Institute of Informatics, Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Space Research RAS (IKI RAN), Russia
The aim of the project is to develop new methods of data fusion and to provide Grid-based solutions for image processing and geospatial modelling, targeting to improve applied agricultural problems solving.
To attain this goal several concrete objectives will be followed:
- to develop robust method of environmental model adaptation, and verify this approach for Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) model for the region of Ukraine;
- to determine optimal set of variables for data assimilation for NWP model for the region of Ukraine;
- to improve existing methods of yield prediction to assimilate data of NWP;
- to adopt improved methods of yield prediction for different regions (in particular Ukraine);
- to develop problem-oriented environment targeting NWP model. The particular problems that will be solved are adaptation and data assimilation for Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model;
- to harmonize existing Grid resources of Ukraine with CEOS (Committee on Earth Observing Satellites) Working Group on Information Systems and Services (WGISS) initiative Wide Area Grid (WAG);
- to fill the gap in existing Grid infrastructure such as geospatial data archives and visualization.