- Space Research Institute of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, National Space Agency of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- V.M. Glushkov’s Institute of Cybernetics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Karen Moe, National Aeronautic and Space Development Administration, U. S. A.
- Jean-Pierre Antikidis, Centre National D'Etudes Spatialas, France
- Dana Petcu, Western University of Timisoara, Romania
- Ivan Petiteville, European Space Agency, Italy
The main goal of the project is the development of new methods for heterogeneous data fusion and development of Grid technologies for their implementation and visualization of results. Developed method will be implemented as operational Grid-services for agricultural and natural disaster monitoring in the interests of sustainable development and security. Developed infrastructure should be considered as Ukrainian contribution into development of Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS, http://www.earthobservations.org/). The proposed infrastructure could become a segment of European Space Agency (ESA) Grid Processing on Demand (G-POD) for Earth Observation Applications (http://gpod.eo.esa.int). The developed methods and Grid infrastructure will also provide contribution to the International Charter "Space and Major Disasters" (http://www.disasterscharter.org) helping to mitigate the effects of disasters on human life and property.
Application Areas of the ProjectAs a result of completion of the project new methods for integration of data of different nature will be developed. Within this project the following scientific results of practical interest will be obtained:
- new methods for integration of data of different nature, namely from different satellite instruments (optical and microwave) and modeling data, to vegetation state monitoring and soil moisture estimation
- intelligent techniques for Earth observation data processing
- Grid implementation of developed methods and algorithms
- Grid service template solution for geospatial data archive and data access components
- Grid service framework for applied problems solving of vegetation state estimation, soil moisture assessment, drought and flood monitoring with implementation
- Reusable template for visualization system of geospatial data in Grid environment
- Modular data assimilation system for unified acquisition of geospatial data
- Grid implementation of data publishing system with OGC WMS and OGC WCS interfaces for external applications and decision support systems
- Service for floods prediction and monitoring
- Service for droughts prediction and monitoring
- Service for plants state monitoring
Developed methods could be applied in different domains. Implementation of the proposed methods on the base of Grid technologies will enable its broad application in distributed information systems, in particular GEOSS, ESA Grid Processing on Demand (G-POD), Ukrainian Academician Grid segment, EGEE project and international Grid system of space agencies Wide Area Grid (WAG). Implementation of applied Grid services in operational mode will enable a new level for decision support and will server as added-value to GEOSS system development.