The Department is engaged in development of complex distributed systems for the processing of satellite data. The main goal, which is put to the Department's specialists, is the development, approbation and implementation of various methods of data processing in the form of information services and specific systems that represent them.
Main scientific interests
- Use of machine learning to handle large volumes of satellite data;
- Validating the maps of the Earth cover;
- Intelligent computing, including neural networks;
- Mathematical modelling of complex processes and systems;
- Intelligent multi-agent security system;
- Processing of satellite data;
- Distance learning technologies;
- Strategic planning.